|Chemical Name||Diphenyl ether|
|Melting point||26 °C|
|Flash point||>230 °F|
|Boiling point||259 °C(lit.)|
|Density||1.073 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)|
Diphenyl ether (diphenyl oxide) is a colorless liquid with a floral odor. It is a white, crystalline solid at temperatures below 80ºF (27ºC). It has low volatility, low solubility in water, and is stable at high temperatures. Avoid contact with oxidizing materials.
- Diphenyl ether is employed as a processing aid in the production of polyesters. It acts as a chemical intermediate in the production of surface active agents and high temperature lubricants, fire retardants like polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) and fragrance for detergents.
- Heat transfer media – like DOWTHERMTM fluids used for heating industrial processes
- Alkylated diphenyl oxides – used to make surfactants, greases and lubricants
- Halogenated diphenyl oxides – used in insecticides, wood preservatives, and flame retardants for appliance casings in consumer electronic products
- High temperature solvents
- Textile dye labeling
Contact us for Diphenyl ether MSDS -Material Safety Data Sheet and Diphenyl ether CAS 101-84-8 COA-Certificate of Analysis, Product Data Sheet – in PDF Document.
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3