|Melting point||50-64 °C(lit.)|
|Flash point||95 °F|
|Boiling point||134 °C(lit.)|
|Storage temp.||Flammables area|
Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane, is the simplest member of a series of cyclic oligodimethylsiloxanes, primarily used as synthetic equivalents for the reactive interme- diate dimethylsilanone. It is one of the main raw materials for silicone products. It is widely used in aviation, military industry, medicine and petrochemicals etc.
- Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane undergoes ring-opening anionic polymerization reactions, suggesting use in polymer synthesis. It is also suggested for the treatment of powders and fillers to render them hydrophobic.
- Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane mainly used for products of methyl vinyl silicone rubber. It’s also the important raw materials for synthesizing other high polymers.
- It may be used as an effective trapping reagent for a variety of short-lived intermediates, including silanones and silyenes.
- Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane has many unique characteristics.The reaction of It is more active, can be easily and quickly polymerized under lower temperature and simple catalysts.
- may be used to synthesize many kinds of organic silicone products, which have better stability, better insulation properties and better water resistance.
- may be used to synthesize silicon rubber, which may has better elasticity, better abrasive resistance, and better corrosive resistance.
- may be used to synthesize silicone oil, which may has lower freezing point and less surface tension, it is slightly affected by temperature.
- Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane is flammable. Use and store with all precautions required for Flammable Materials.
Contact us for Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane MSDS -Material Safety Data Sheet and Hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane CAS 541-05-9 COA-Certificate of Analysis, Product Data Sheet – in PDF Document.
RIDADR: UN 1325 4.1/PG 2
|Other Products||CAS Number|