|Chemical Name||L-Glutamic acid|
|Melting point||205 °C (dec.)(lit.)|
|Solubility||1 M HCl: 100 mg/mL|
|Boiling point||267.21°C (rough estimate)|
|Storage temp.||Store at RT.|
L-glutamic acid is a white phosphorus flake crystal. It is odorless with a slightly special sour flavor. It is slightly acidic. It is slightly soluble in cold water, easily soluble in water, but almost insoluble in ether, acetone and cold acetic acid and is insoluble in ethanol and methanol.
1. It can be used for the pharmaceutical, food additives, and nutritional supplements.
2. It can be used for biochemical research. In medicine, it can be used for treating hepatic coma, seizures prevention, and reducing ketonuria and ketosis.
3. It can be used as salt substitute, nutritional supplements, and flavor enhancer (mainly for meat, poultry, soups and so on).
4. L-glutamate is mainly used for the production of monosodium glutamate, spices, and as a salt substitute, nutritional supplements and biochemical reagents. L-glutamate itself can be used as drugs and is involved in protein and carbohydrate metabolism in the brain, promoting the oxidation process.
5. One of its sodium salts: sodium glutamate is used as seasoning. Commodities include monosodium glutamate and gourmet powder.
Contact us for L-glutamic acid MSDS -Material Safety Data Sheet and L-glutamic acid CAS 56-86-0 COA-Certificate of Analysis, Product Data Sheet – in PDF Document.
|Other Products||CAS Number|
|4-Chlorobutanal diethyl acetal||6139-83-9|